From our Family to Yours
16/03/2020 by admin
Globally we are faced with unprecedented challenges as a result of the COVID 19 pandemic.
We take our responsibilities as a professional sports team extremely seriously, alongside our players and staff, to their families, fans and our wider community during this difficult period.
We need to meet these challenges honestly and together as a family to give us greater resilience in the face of the challenges ahead, whether those are the well-being of our loved ones, or the barriers of travel with our nations’ borders closing. We are in this for the long haul and know this crisis will likely take months rather than weeks to overcome.
We will demonstrate our values in meeting the challenges ahead by our actions:
- We will support our players and their families in ensuring they are protected from the virus. We will continue to stand our players, coaches and staff down indefinitely to deal with our current issues. Their wellbeing and that of their families will be our sole focus at this time.
- Our players and staff will engage with our fans and communities to give them support and to bring a smile to their faces through constant engagement through this period.
- We will consult our fans to ensure they always feel at the centre of our family, so they know what is happening with upcoming games and so we can give them as much clarity as possible now and in the future.
- We will work with our fans to ensure that we play our part in giving advice and information in keeping them safe, as well as encouraging adherence to preventive measures currently being recommended by health officials in Canada, the UK and worldwide.
- We will continue to engage with our partners so that we are more resilient together in meeting these challenges, and in ensuring our message is a stronger one through collaboration.
We want to work with you through these challenges as a family, and we urge you to share with us your suggestions and ideas on how the medium of a professional sports team can help make a difference in meeting the challenge of COVID 19.
We welcome your messages of support, which we have already seen flood in over the past few days and encourage you to link us in to any supportive posts you are sending to your friends, family and colleagues.
We also invite fans to contact our CEO Bob Hunter and our Owner David Argyle to share your thoughts via email: